Thursday, September 28, 2017

Story no. 1: Breakfast Carbonara


This is the breakfast of a champion. Seriously. I think even kids could learn to love their eggs if this plate suddenly appeared before them. Whenever I make pasta for dinner, I save a big handful of the cooked pasta and use the rest for the sauce. The next morning, I pull the leftover noodles out of the fridge and make this super easy version of spaghetti carbonara. I love it because it's quick, delicious, and makes me smile. I heat up a little butter in a skillet, add the noodles, and let them heat through. Meanwhile, I scramble an egg or two, add a splash of half and half, some crumbled bacon, and a nice generous shake of parmesan cheese. I add that to the noodles, stir it around until the egg mixture starts to cook, and in just a few minutes I've got a bowl of goodness. I confess that I use crumbled bacon from the salad dressing section of the grocery store; it's real, it's already crumbled, and it's perfect for this use.

Happy eating, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment